Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his 38 Cabinet Ministers will finally be discussing regularization this May. They can either make a decision immediately, or continue to delay. They can create a small and exclusionary program for just a few or ensure permanent resident status for all undocumented people. Together, let’s make sure they do the right thing and ensure status for all. Here’s how:
(1) Visit Cabinet Minister offices, talk to the constituency staff and drop off letters
(2) Call the Cabinet Ministers everyday
(3) Send emails, write letters and deliver petitions to Cabinet Ministers.
Over the next few weeks, we must push as hard as we can, get as loud as we can to make sure that Cabinet Ministers create a program to ensure permanent resident status for all undocumented people. But if they choose to delay, we won’t stop, let’s keep up the pressure over the summer and beyond to win.
(1) Visit Cabinet Minister offices, talk to the constituency staff and drop off lettersStep 1: Find the closest constituency office near you.
Step 2: Check online using Google to see when they are open. Constituency offices are usually open to the public between 10am to 4pm, Monday – Thursday, but make sure to confirm. Pick a time that you can go and invite friends to come with you if you can. Let us know when you are going so we can encourage those nearby to join you, email us at email@example.com.
Step 3: Print out these three documents:
Step 5: A few days later, call the office to ask if they passed on your message to the Minister.
Step 6: Email us and let us know what happened – firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Call the Cabinet Ministers everydayCall as many of the Cabinet Ministers as you can, starting with Prime Minister Trudeau, and then Ministers in the province you are in. Two ways to call:
Call Directly From Your Phone: Click here for their phone numbers and a script.
Call Using Our Automated Caller: Enter your information below and click Make the Call. Our system will dial a Cabinet Minister. You can leave message for one Minister or stay on the line, and the system will move to the next Minister when you’re done. A phone script will appear on the next page.
(3) Send emails, write letters, and deliver petitions to Cabinet Ministers.
Every time you or a friend adds their name here: www.StatusForAll.ca; an email is automatically sent to all Cabinet Ministers. The more emails they receive, the more they know this is an issue they need to act on.
You can also gather paper petition signatures. Download them from here, print, and take them to your community events, when you go for religious service, or a picnic, or outside a local transit hub. You can do it on your own or with friends, simply take a clipboard and pen.