- IntersectTO - a BIPOC tech community is partnering with Caregiver Connections, Education and Support Organization (CCESO) and Parkdale Project Read to offer a free Digital Literacy Drop-in session for Migrant Care Workers / Caregivers.
- DATE: Sunday March 15, 2020
- Registration: 12:00-12:30 PM
- Drop-in Sessions: 12:30 - 4:00 PM
- LOCATION: Parkdale Project Read, 1209 King St. West (Southeast corner of Dufferin & King) in between the Subway restaurant and Eye Care centre.
- ABOUT THE EVENT:
- Volunteers from IntersectTO will provide free tech support and answer questions. Please bring your devices!
* Smartphones - apps, changing settings, security issues and other troubleshooting issues
* How to write resume on Word or alternative free doc programs
* Staying safe online and on social media
* Setting up basic websites and designing flyers
* Using collaborative applications
* Connecting Bluetooth devices
* Uploading media to the cloud like photos or contact information
* How to locate your phone if it gets lost
* Laptop support - updating your OS, accessing VPN, anti-virus support
We’ll cover these topics and more!
This free event is designed for the Migrant Care Workers / Caregiver community. Registration is required. For more information, contact CCESO.
ACCESS INFO: Parkdale Project Read is accessible to people using wheelchairs, scooters, and other mobility devices. Front door equipped with access ramp and power-assist button. No stairs. Gender-inclusive and accessible bathroom is equipped with assist bar. Please come scent/fragrance free.
Light Refreshments provided. On-site child minding support available.